Wednesday, 8 March 2017

My favourite things ♫

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favourite things"
A few days ago I watched The Sound of Music for the first time and I have to say, it might be my new favourite non-Disney movie!  I'm currently listening to the soundtrack all day long on repeat and can't wait to get the DVD. Julie Andrews is one of my favourite actresses ever and as expected, she touches my heart as Maria von Trapp. So, today I'd like to make a list of very own favourite things.

"When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favourite things
And then I don't feel so bad!"
So, what are these things? Let's take a look.

A have a very strong and deep bond with my family, so of course, I think of them when I'm sad. I love them more than anything else in this world and I'm very grateful to have them. My family has always been by my side and they will always support and help me, no matter what happens. They give me strength and with their help, I can get through everything.
So it's no wonder that I feel better when I think of them. ♥

Another thing I think of is Disney, who knew, right? It may sound cheesy, but Disney always cheers me up. There are some movies that help me forget my worries and are very important to me. It's hard to put it into words why Disney has such an impact on me, it's just how it is. The movies have the ability to take me to another world, a better word, a world full of magic, where goodness will always win in the end.

Even though I already talked about Disney, there are three movies that are the most important to me and that I have to mention separately. 
First of all, there is Tangled. From the moment it came out, I fell in love with it. I connect with the story of Tangled on an emotional level. Seeing Rapunzel being captured in a tower her whole life and looking out the window, dreaming of the lanterns, feels so familiar to me. I love my home but just like Rapunzel, I wonder when will my life begin. After Flynn finds his way in her life, everything changes so fast and that's what gives me hope. Rapunzel gives me the strength to believe in my dreams and to hold on because someday, everything will turn out good. She will always be my favourite princess and cheer me up even in the darkest times. Even though Rapunzel is not real, she is like a sister to me.

The next movie I want to mention is Mary Poppins. I actually saw the movie for the first time a few years ago, so I didn't grow up with her unlike many children did. I don't know why, but I always loved movies and TV shows with nannies in it. It's just how it is. And when I saw Mary Poppins, I instantly loved her. There could not have been any better actress than Julie Andrews playing her. She is practically perfect in every way. The soundtrack is my favourite out of all Disney movies and the Sherman brothers did an amazing job! All in all, the movie has everything a good movie needs. The music, the story, the casting and scenery are perfect. I also have all the books and I highly recommend reading them and watching "Saving Mr. Banks", which is also one of my favourite movies.

The last movies I want to mention are Cinderella (1950) and the Cinderella live action movie (2015). There is so much that I love about these movies but I try to keep it short. To all people saying Cinderella is weak, passive and "only waiting for a prince to save her", please shut up and leave my page, because I'm sick of these arguments. For me, Cinderella is the image of a strong, warmhearted and powerful woman. Even though her stepmother Lady Tremaine and her stepsisters Anastasia and Drizella treat her like she's worthless (I would even describe it as mental abuse), she stays strong, polite and most importantly, she doesn't stop dreaming.

My other favourite Disney movies are Frozen, Zootopia, Lilo & Stitch, Brave, Moana, Ratatouille and Enchanted but talking about all of them would take too much time.

So, another favourite thing of mine is, of course, Disneyland Paris and other Disney Parks. Until today, I've only been to Disneyland Paris but my parents and me are planning to go to Disney World in 2018 or 2019. Disneyland Paris is my happy place and I love everything about it. It's the place where all your dreams can come true. If you'd like to read more about that, then you can read my account of journey from my summer trip 2016.

And the last of my favourite things is Christmas! After all it's the most wonderful time of the year and my favourite holiday since I can remember. I love the atmosphere during Advent and how everything is sparkly, joyful and wintery. Christmas songs everywhere, kitschy movies on TV, the smell of cookies and gingerbread is in the air and toys in every stores, is there anything better?! I don't think so!

So, these are a few of my favourite things. I hope you enjoyed reading it and have a lovely day.

Quote of the Day: "I want something that I want, something that I tell myself I need and I need everything I see." -Tangled

No comments:

Post a Comment