Saturday, 18 February 2017

Nightly rambles ☆

It's 1:13 AM and I somehow feel the need to write something down. The beginning of the year wasn't very easy to me and 2017 doesn't seem like a promising year either. There will be many difficulties I have to face - starting an apprenticeship, learning things on my own and most importantly, finding my own way. To be honest, at this point of my life, I have no idea where I'm going or what to expect. I've never been a person who thinks a lot about the future (except planning Disney trips). Whenever I think about the future, I feel stressed. It's just not a topic I want to talk or think about. When I was in the last grade in Elementary school, the children in my class were talking about the Secondary schools they wanted to go to. I didn't care. My parents decided to which school I should go, of course, they asked me, but I was happy that I didn't have to make this choice. In 10th class of Realschule (the graduation class) I had the chance to start an apprenticeship or go to another school, but no, I just stayed where I was and did my Abitur. While everyone was going crazy, deciding what to do after school, I always tried to avoid this topic. I hated the student information days and ignored all of these job masses. Until today, almost 10 months after I graduated, I still have the same point of view. Of course, I had to think about what I want to do for the rest of my life. As much as I'd like to, I can't escape from reality. I will have to face my insecurities this year and will try to handle them as good as I can. Have courage and be kind. This might be my motto this year. Even though I'm afraid, I have to believe that I can do this.


Quote of the day: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. -A.A. Milne

No comments:

Post a Comment